Doug and Deb

Monday, March 22, 2010

Happy 20th Birthday Elder Pincock

News from the Philipines:
March 22, 2010
"Hi. You don’t have any teenagers in the family anymore. My birthday went really good. I used some of my personal money and I bought some good food to cook on Sunday for my birthday. I bought a lot of spaghetti and I bought some really good spaghetti sauce. I bought a bunch of fresh tomatoes, red peppers, onions, garlic, and cheese to add in the sauce. I fried all the tomatoes and red peppers and onions and garlic first a little bit and then added it to the sauce and cooked it. It turned out way good. I really have started to love onions and peppers; I use them a lot when I cook now. We had one of the member’s families over at our apartment for my birthday dinner. This is the family that always works with us. They are an awesome family and the missionaries are always really close with this family. I also bought a chocolate birthday cake that was really good. I wanted a nice lemon or lime pie but I have not been able to find one here in the Philippines. I have not received your package yet, hopefully I will get it on Wednesday at district meeting. Today on p-day we went as a zone to a lake and we hung out and played games and cooked some food over a fire and ate it on the beach of this lake. It was way fun, it was a really pretty lake.









"Me and my companion are getting along great, our companionship is really good, we are working hard. We have 6 investigators with a baptismal date right now so that is really good. We gave baptismal dates to a lot of our investigators this week. We were supposed to have a baptism next Sunday but we had to move it to the next Sunday, so in two weeks we will have a baptism. We have a really awesome investigator right now we have been teaching him for two weeks and he is progressing really fast. It took two weeks to get through lesson one and 3 Nephi 11. He always has a lot of questions but we always answer all his questions and he always keeps his commitments and reads. He understands everything we teach really well. We teach a lot more to him about stuff in the lessons because of all his questions so he is learning a lot. Most investigators don’t ask many questions which is hard. He came to church for the first time on Sunday also and he said he really enjoyed it. He is about 29 years old he is married and has one kid. He is a big tough guy with tattoos on his arms and stuff that you would never think some one like him would accept the gospel. But he is a very humble guy and he truly is trying to find the truth. This is a guy that we met tracting one night."

"I have got all my pictures on face book albums of my first area uploaded if you want to look, I don’t have them from my second area yet, but I am working on it."
Love Elder Jordi Pincock

No comments:

Post a Comment