Doug and Deb

Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Sacred Grove - Palymra, New York




On Friday, July 9, 2010 I walked on holy ground as I walked through the Sacred Grove in Palmyra, New York.

There was a pouring rain coming down so I walked under an umbrella with Doug, Julee, and Carlee Bug who sat all snug and content in her wheeled seat while the rain dripped off her stroller canopy.

The pebbled ground was saturated and squishy. The rain drops were cascading down the leaves onto the heavily wooded forest floor.

When we stopped to contemplate, we observed that the moisture falling from the heavens was the only sound amid the quiet hush in this beautiful, green, leafy place.

I looked down at my sandaled and very wet feet, and noted that they were spotted with little flecks of rich black soil that had splashed up onto my toes and ankles.

Interesting that in this place truth was again revealed washing away any specks of black darkness and misunderstanding that was prevalent among men and women on the earth.

Heavenly Father's truths were once again brought to light with the Savior standing in His place at our Father's side.

Young Joseph knelt humbly in this beautiful, peaceful grove and was willing to accept his assignments and learn his duty.

I felt deeply the importance of the great event that took place on this holy spot.

I gave a heartfelt prayer of gratitude for being able to stand there in the rain.


No comments:

Post a Comment