Packing up a porta potty with its chemicals to take care of the stink, and a blow-up mattress, food and utensils, clothes, bedding, a borrowed tent, lots of drinking water and additional water for other things, the dog and his paraphernalia, and of course Doug and his motorcycle with all the gear needed, and going off to the mountains of Idaho (that Cory said were only 3 hours from his house) to camp sounds like an great adventure, right? We thought we were breaking the trip in half by going on Wednesday night to Pleasant View and staying at Cory's house and finishing the trip the next day. Except that it took us 9 hours to find Cory and company the next day and we had to hurry to get the tent set up before it got too dark to see (this scenario happens to be one that I remember when I was a child camping with my Dad and remember the stress it caused him to be pitching a tent in the dark!) so the adventure got off to not such a great start.

We worked through it and Doug calmed down with the realization that he was finally 'there' and about to have two full days to ride the 'best trails anywhere' with his son and grandsons. I was dredging up, from somewhere deep within, the memories of happy camping days as a child - when my parents did all the work and it was fun - and began anticipating the joy of spending time with Cory, Kara, Quinn, Dylan, and Trev.

And I was glad we went. 
It looks like a very fun place to camp. I liked reading your camping adventure story Mom! I too love camp fires and s'mores. The bed in your tent looks like it was cozy indeed. I think it is cool that you slept in a tent (real camping)and went all that way to enjoy time with Cory, Kara and their boys.
ReplyDelete