Doug and Deb

Friday, September 3, 2010

NEW DISTINCTION - NEW PERSPECTIVE

dog sitting - gus
he was right at home sleeping on the bed
on MY side!
we got 'pinked' by the carbon high drill team
Shauri's sister - Natalie - did it



AND . . .



On Monday - August 30, 2010 - I had surgery on my right eye to replace the natural lens that had a cataract on it with a new, crystal clear, bright , shiny artificial lens. WOW! I can't believe how good I can see from that eye now. The lawn has individual blades of grass - Skilly is no longer just covered with brown fuzz - the grout lines in the tile are really dirty! - the windows need cleaned - the stars in the sky are a pinpoint instead of huge starbursts - there is ONE moon! - and WOW! NOW my left eye is driving me crazy because it is so hazy with the cataract covering it - TO BE REMOVED THIS COMING TUESDAY - and it was my good eye until Monday last. I really could not see well and didn't completely recognize it. When I left the surgical center on Monday afternoon the surgeon said, "Well, that was the worst one (cataract) so far today." They did 10 cataract surgeries Monday. Tuesday morning when I went to the office for a check-up the attending nurse said something like, "You kept the 'worst of the day' distinction for yesterday. Your cataract was ugly - I don't know how you could see much of anything at all." Oh, and there was not any pain. Can you believe how great that is? My eye felt a little scratchy and irritated for the first day or so. It looks a little 'watery' or wavy when I look to the side or down or up, but the surgery was so easy and with such wonderful results. I am looking forward to the new perspective I will have after getting a new lens in my left eye on Tuesday, September 7. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment