Dear Elder Pincock,
"And now, my son, I trust that I shall have great joy in you, because of your steadiness and your faithfulness unto God; for as you have commenced in your youth to look to the Lord your God, even so I hope that you will continue in keeping his commandments; for blessed is he that endureth to the end."
"I say unto you, my son, that I have had great joy in thee already because of thy faithfulness and thy diligence, and thy patience and thy long-suffering among the people of the [Philippines]."
". . . I would that ye should remember, that as much as ye shall put your trust in God even so much ye shall be delivered out of your trials, and your troubles, and your afflictions, and ye shall be lifted up at the last day;" (Alma 38: 2-3, 5)
When I read these verses on Friday I thought of you. I have such joy in my heart for your faithful missionary service - thank you. I love you. Also, on Friday I was reading some of the summaries from the general conference talks in the Church News. When I read Elder Rasband's from the Priesthood session and he spoke of being assigned to help Pres. Eyring assign missionaries to their fields of labor, I could just see, in my minds eye, your photo being brought up on the computer screen before them and Pres. Eyring greeting you personally as if you were in the room with them, and then studying your handsome face and praying for inspiration to know "perfectly" where to assign you for your mission. This brought tears to my eyes as I considered the love Heavenly Father has for His children, and especially you, one of His missionaries."
"And now, my son, I trust that I shall have great joy in you, because of your steadiness and your faithfulness unto God; for as you have commenced in your youth to look to the Lord your God, even so I hope that you will continue in keeping his commandments; for blessed is he that endureth to the end."
"I say unto you, my son, that I have had great joy in thee already because of thy faithfulness and thy diligence, and thy patience and thy long-suffering among the people of the [Philippines]."
". . . I would that ye should remember, that as much as ye shall put your trust in God even so much ye shall be delivered out of your trials, and your troubles, and your afflictions, and ye shall be lifted up at the last day;" (Alma 38: 2-3, 5)
When I read these verses on Friday I thought of you. I have such joy in my heart for your faithful missionary service - thank you. I love you. Also, on Friday I was reading some of the summaries from the general conference talks in the Church News. When I read Elder Rasband's from the Priesthood session and he spoke of being assigned to help Pres. Eyring assign missionaries to their fields of labor, I could just see, in my minds eye, your photo being brought up on the computer screen before them and Pres. Eyring greeting you personally as if you were in the room with them, and then studying your handsome face and praying for inspiration to know "perfectly" where to assign you for your mission. This brought tears to my eyes as I considered the love Heavenly Father has for His children, and especially you, one of His missionaries."
Love, Mom
"guess what my nick name is in this area?
it is elder pink.
that's what all the members call me here.
same as what cory was called in his mission.
lol."
No comments:
Post a Comment